Emergency 9-1-1
(609) 882-1313

Accident Self-report

Please use this page to report previously unreported MINOR accidents. Any collision that results in injury to or death of any person, or damage to property of any one person in excess of five hundred dollars ($500.00) should be investigated by the police.

For immediate, emergency assistance call 9-1-1

The New Jersey Self-Reporting Crash form (SR-1) is used to report a crash that was not investigated by the police and it is the only form that can be used for this purpose.


The form may be submitted electronically or via mail.

The electronic versions below enable NJ citizens to fill out a form online and receive acknowledgment back within minutes. The online receipts are equivalent to the paper versions stamped by the NJDOT and can be submitted to an insurance company.

SR-1 Online : New Jersey Self Reporting Crash form (Simpligov)

SR-1S Online: New Jersey Self Reporting Crash Supplemental Information form (Simpligov)


For the paper version of the SR-1, click on the link to the right and complete the NJ Motor Vehicle Accident Report – Self Complete Form NJ-SR-1 Paper Form

Once completed, please mail the paper form to:

NJ Department of Transportation

1035 Parkway Avenue P.O. Box 600

Trenton, N.J. 08625-0600

ATTN: Bureau of Transportation Data and Safety