Police Communications Center
The Ewing Police Department Communication Center is the primary answering point for all 911 calls for Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services. The Center is staffed at all times with a minimum of two certified call takers and has the ability to expand up to five total positions. The staff of the center is comprised of 10 certified 9-1-1 dispatcher/call takers, 2 support staff, and 1 supervisor. Additionally many police officers are cross trained and certified as 9-1-1 dispatchers. The center also handles all phone calls placed to our main number of (609) 882-1313.
The 9-1-1 center is "Phase 2" compliant which allows for the pinpointing of a cellular phones location at the time of the 9-1-1 call. The caller’s location is plotted on a map along with the available police units. This allows for dispatch of the closest police unit to the call.
Computer technology drives the majority of the systems within the 9-1-1 center including:
- Motorola 500Mhz trunked radio system (digitally encrypted)
- Zetron – 9-1-1 and administrative phone system
- Critical Reach Trak System – Amber Alert system
- Enforsys Computer Aided Dispatch and Records system
- Info-Cop Mobile Data system
- Nice Systems phone and radio recording system
- WTH Think GIS for mapping calls and automatic vehicle location
- Pictometry Visual Intelligence – additional mapping and geographical plotting
- Aimetis Symphony video recording and monitoring system